11 July, 2008

Gremlins and text messages

Exogeny Network

ExoHash 11.7.2008 - Gremlins and text messages

by Gia Scott

Gremlins in computers, gremlins in tools, gremlins in my life, and yet...damn, I'm happy. I guess that's the state of being twitter pated. BUT...all those gremlins that plagued me in March, April, May AND June...seem to be on vacation. (crosses fingers and toes) I honestly feel like my engagement and current direction are in accordance with my "life plan," just don't ask me to explain what the life plan is or where it comes from. That seems to be a rather nebulous concept with me as of right now.

Still, my visions are clearer every day, and my focus is starting to truly develop now. So, the DOA laptop was resurrected without technical assistance, hours before the only person that I have found with technological answers about blue tooth applications for my pod casts was going to be available. Without the laptop, he couldn't have helped me. Without him, the laptop wasn't much use either. It all came together like a lightening bolt, and bingo...it was a done deal.

Laptops and cellphones, the bane of my existence for several months. I now have a Blackberry 8703e, and I'm not sure what I think of it yet. I've only been using it a couple of weeks, and its certainly far more than a mere phone. It also takes a bit more than 10 minutes to explore all of its functions and their real-world use. So far, I'm not finding the "smartphone/pda" functions particularly useful~~but, I still use an old fashioned "organizer" to keep phone numbers and addresses and dates. I'm a bit phobic, especially considering I lost most of my "phone book" when I went through five phones in a single month. I don't like attempting to compose emails on a keyboard that would fit on a credit card with space left over either. Text messages are sufficient thumb typing for me, and since I am suffering from classic "aging eyes", I can't even SEE the keyboard, and while I use regular keyboards that long ago had their keys worn off...that's a full sized one. I have a devil of a time typing on this micro sized one.

That brings me to another topic...the state of Louisiana has passed a law about cell phones. It seems its going to be illegal to text message while driving. This is insane, surely they already had laws that covered being stupid and not paying attention while driving? Is there a law forbidding reading a newspaper while driving? Who is stupid enough to try and type on these micro keyboards while driving?

Maybe I shouldn't ask that question.



--
Gia Scott
(504) 621 2851

The Dawn of Shades, Tuesdays, 7-9 pm Central
www.exogenynetwork.com
www.paranormalradionetwork.com

editor:

See

"I Text Message People While Driving and I Haven't Crashed Yet!"

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2248107055


Regarding foolishness behind the wheel with a SMS device....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your statements, ideological statements of purpose, grand facades... leave them here for Exogeny Network and make for a great first impression. Thank you for providing us with excellent content.

Blog Archive